What is InnovateHer?
InnovateHER 2017: Innovating for Women Business Challenge and Summit. The InnovateHER Challenge is a national prize competition aimed at unearthing products and services that impact and empower the lives of women and families through local business competitions that culminate in a live pitch Final Round. During the InnovateHER Finals, up to 10 Finalists will compete for the Top Three cash prizes totaling $70,000.
Challenge Criteria: The InnovateHER Challenge provides an opportunity for entrepreneurs to showcase products and services that:
- Have a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
- Have the potential for commercialization (40%), and
- Fill a need in the marketplace (30%).
The mindwarehouse Challenge:
mindwarehouse is excited to host an InnovateHer Challenge! The process is pretty simple – a panel of judges comprised of small business experts will review all submissions and select the mindwarehouse top scoring entry. The winner and all partcipants will be notified the second week of June, 2017. The mindwarehouse winner’s submission is then sent on to be reviewed nationally and the top 10 national finalists will be selected and invited to Washington DC (at the finalist’s expense). The National Winners will be selected and presented in September, 2017. Cash prizes totaling $70,000 will be awarded to the three highest-rated contestants in the final round. For winning entries submitted by teams of competitors, prize money will be awarded to the self-identified project leader for distribution to the rest of the team at their discretion and independently from SBA.
mindwarehouse InnovateHer Challenge Submissions must include:
1. Cover page that includes:
Name of Applicant (in the case of a team, please provide name of the project lead)
Company Name (if applicable)
Contact Information (address, email, and telephone number required)
Company Address & Place of Incorporation (if applicable)
Product/Service Website (if applicable)
2. Business plan (maximum length: 20 pages, including attachments)
3. Description that justifies that the business’ product or service meets the following three Challenge criteria (maximum length: 2 pages)
– Has a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%);
– Has the potential for commercialization (40%); and
– Fills a need in the marketplace (30%)
4. Applicant Eligibility Agreement (Download, sign, and include in e-mail submission.)
1. 2-5 minute video pitch file or link to the pitch video
Note: Judges will evaluate submissions on the three challenge criteria listed above. Judges will likewise evaluate for clear explanation of the product/service and the stated path to grow the idea.
Please submit applications and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to mindwarehouse, 111 NE 1st Street, 8th Floor, Miami, FL 33132.
For more information about the SBA’s 2017 InnovateHer Challenge, please visit https://www.sba.gov/offices/headquarters/wbo/resources/1465581.